The DDS-RN40 is a complete wall-mounted Dante audio network interface. It features four XLR mic or line inputs on the front panels and two line outputs on a rear-panel detachable terminal block. The module is configured and adjusted using RDL CONSOLE or other network control software. The DDS-RN40 fits a standard US dual-gang electrical box or an RDL WB-2 back box for installations in thinner European or equivalent walls. The DDS-RN40 is PoE powered, and is available in multiple finishes with optional customized graphics.
Mic/Line to network section:
The four XLR inputs are each converted to a separate Dante network transmit channel. Three gain settings are software-selectable for both the mic and line input ranges to match condenser or dynamic mic levels and standard line levels. P48 phantom voltage may be software enabled when an input is set for mic level.
Network to line section:
Two Dante audio channels are converted to balanced line level. Each output provides +4 dBu balanced for a network digital audio level of -18 dBFS. Each output is equipped with a software controlled attenuator adjustable in 1 dB steps to a maximum attenuation of 62 dB then OFF. The outputs are connected through a detachable terminal block.
The outputs are intended for connection to RDL AMS connectors mounted in Decora®-style plates that match the DDS-RN40. AMS audio connectors include RCA, Mini and XLR jacks. The output plate may be located together with the DDS-RN40 in a triple gang box or may be mounted remotely in a single box.
Valid PoE power and synchronization to the Dante network are indicated by green LEDs visible from the front of the unit.
The DDS-RN40 is a professional grade product with RDL mic preamplifiers for studio quality fidelity and low noise performance, coupled through XLR jacks housed in a steel chassis with dual powder-coated or stainless steel Decora front plates.
The DDS-RN40’s superior performance specifications make it ideally suited to installations requiring network control and exceptional value in commercial networked audio systems. This full-featured product is engineered and manufactured in the U.S.A for continuous duty in demanding installations. Designed to outperform. Built to last.
- Dante Network Interface for Four Audio Inputs and Two Audio Outputs
- Four XLR Front-Panel Inputs
- Two Outputs on Rear Panel Detachable Terminal Block
- Module is Configured and Adjusted Using Network Control Software
- Converts Four Standard XLR Mic or Line Audio Sources to Dante Network Channels
- Each Input Gain is Selected by Software
- Mic Gain: 35 dB, 42 dB or 59 dB
- Line Gain: Unity or 12 dB
- 48 V Mic Phantom (P48) Selected by Software
- Converts Two Dante Network Audio Signals to Line Level
- Each Output Equipped with Software Controlled Attenuator in 1 dB Steps
- Studio Quality, Low-Noise Performance
- High Resolution 24 Bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog Conversion
- Legendary RDL Analog Filtering Enhances Superb Audio Performance