Optical Disc Archive stand-alone drive with very high transfer speeds of 1 Gbps write (verify on) and 2 Gbps read using ODC-3300R Generation 2 cartridge.
USB 3.0 interface for ease of connectivity
The ODS-D280U Optical Disc Archive stand-alone drive unit is plug and play with a USB 3.0 interface.
Optical disc cartridges mounted as a single large volume making file access very simple
The Sony optical disc cartridge system is designed and manufactured to extremely high specifications, offering a reliable, robust and portable media system for the very long term.
Optical disc cartridges are available in 300 GB, 600 GB, 1.2 TB, 1.5 TB and 3.3 TB capacity sizes, in re-writable and write-once formats.
3.3 TB ODC-3300R (Generation 2) cartridge is write-once.
The 3.3 TB cartridge is only readable/writable by the ODS-D280U and the ODS-D280F drives.
The ODS-D55U, the ODS-D77U and the ODS-D77F drives cannot handle the 3.3 TB cartridge.
Content Manager for ease of use
The Optical Disc Archive fiber channel drive unit comes with Sony’s simple Content Manager application for ease of managing assets, generating a proxy copy and providing search and metadata entry functions.
- 100+ years estimated archive life for all data files
- Deep archive for very long-term archiving requirements
- Reliable and robust large-capacity media
- Ideal for deep archive and near-online archive
- Very fast transfer speeds
- The ODS-D280U has very high transfer speeds. Reading is maximum 2 Gbps.
- Writing is maximum 1 Gbps (with verify on).
- Performance is varied based on type of cartridges.